How do I?
What Are Your Library Hours?
How do I renew my items?
- Visit "My Account" in our catalog
- Use our Mobile App
- Call a branch and have us do it for you
What is my PIN#?
Our default is to use the last 4 digits of the phone number given at registration. Don't remember? Just give us a call and we can reset it for you.
How do I login to my account?
- Visit "My Account"
- Just type in your card number with no spaces and the PIN#.
- Once logged in, you can edit your account to add a “EZusername” and password to use in addition, so that you do not need the card number.
- The “EZusername” is optional and the card number will still work if you forget it.
How do I change/update my address?
How do I get a library card?
We provide cards to residents of Orange County and all adjoining counties (Albemarle, Culpeper, Greene, Louisa, Madison, Nelson, and Spotsylvania) ; cardholders of the Culpeper County, Madison County, Jefferson-Madison and Central Rappahannock Regional libraries, all Orange County employees and persons who own property in Orange County.
You can fill out the application online here or at any library location in person.
You will need a photo ID (same ones TSA accepts) to verify identity for adults and children must be present when their parent/guardian signs them up for a card.
After sign up we will mail you a post card to verify your address is valid.
My card is expired, how do I renew it?
Where can I use my library card?
- Our cards at valid at our 3 locations.
- You can also use them to get a reciprocal card with Culpeper County, Madison County and Central Rappahannock Regional Library.
How do I access the library's e-resources like eBooks, audio and streaming video?
- We have a wide range of resources totaling over a million digital items for loan.
- We add resources as we are able to afford them so visit our Downloadables page for the current list and links.
- You will need an account in good standing (not expired or blocked by fines) and your card and PIN#
My account is blocked due to fines or late items, what are my options?
- Our libraries block accounts when items are over 30 days late and charge for the items when they are over 60 days late.
- We also block parents when the children they are responsible for have blocked accounts.
- We are happy to work with you to resolve account issues on a case by case basis.
- Options may include replacement of materials, donation of materials, volunteering at the library, reading off fines and more.
- The fastest way is to call and speak with the Branch Librarian for your location directly as they are empowered to make decisions.
- You can also send a message to our general e-mail and we will route it to the Branch Librarian at our earliest convenience.
How do I reserve the library's meeting room space? Is there a fee?
- Please contact the branch directly by phone during open hours
- There is not a fee, but a key deposit is required for after hours usage.
- A LIBRARY MEETING ROOM USE RESERVATION FORM 9-21 is required to be submitted in person at the branch.
- Meeting rooms are first, come, first served and library programs and events are prioritized. maximum advance registration of 12 months.
When is the library closed for holidays?
As an Orange County department, we observe all Virginia state holidays.
View our calendar
I don't see what I want - How do I request the library purchase it?
Please complete our purchase request form.
If we decide not purchase your item, we may be able to get the item through interlibrary loan.